Thursday, June 01, 2006

Sorry I've been very slack in not updating. I have had a few down days since Saturday.

On Saturday we went to the shops so I thought I'd try some clothes on. I got a couple of pairs of jeans to try on and they didn't fit!!! Well I did get them on but don't know about wearing them out anywhere. So after that I was in a down mood - I just thought that after losing 15kgs I would notice huge changes in clothing etc and so far I haven't. Yes my pants that I wear now are loose but not that loose that they are falling down. I think it is because I still have quite a stomach. With the jeans that I tried on I later realised that they must all be made as hipsters now as that is where all the pants I have tried on lately come to.

After Saturday I was in a bit of a down mood for a few days as when I look at myself in the mirror I can't see drastic changes. Yes I have noticed I am getting more shape now and my hips aren't as wide but I just thought that the changes would be more obvious. In my previous weight loss missions this has probably been the point where I have given up and piled the weight back on. This will not be happening this time!!! I am going to get back into exercise as I should and will keep on with my new, healthy lifestyle.

Enough of that depressing talk....... I have found a pair of swimmers. I was walking past my local op shop so went in and asked (even though hubby didn't want me getting ones that other people had had their "bits" in lol). One of the ladies said that she had a couple of new pairs at home and she would bring them in. I said that I thought I would need size 18 so she looked me over and said " oh yes I used to be your size once"! I had a bit of a chuckle after I left the shop. I picked them up yesterday (2 pairs for $5each). Cameron was very surprised as he has never seen me in a pair of swimmers let alone swimming. We are aiming to go to the pool on Saturday and then I am going to start Aqua Aerobics. Cameron assures me I don't look too bad in them although I am not convinced.

The other thing I finally got is my Swissball. I will be using it today. I'm not sure if I've over inflated it though as it looks hugeeeeeeeee. I suppose the only way to find out is to use it and see if I need to deflate it a bit.

I really really need to start doing some toning exercises at home so I am hoping the ball is good for this. My inner thighs are hideous lol and of course I would like to tone my stomach and arms as I go too.

We are about to start a new 12 wk challenge at LITS and I am keen to get stuck in and reach my goals every week. I did well in the 6wk challenge losing 5kgs and 4.2% weight loss.

I weighed in this morning with a 0.4kg loss for this week. That's good considering I haven't exercised as much as I should have. That brings my total wl to 16kg and hopefully next week I leave the 90's behind for good!

Ok I'm off to get some housework done and use my ball. I will be back later I promise (cross my heart).

renae

2 Comments:

Blogger michelle said...

Hi Renae, hamg in there and very soon you will see the changes and fit into smaller clothes. You have worked hard to come this far and you don't want to and won't put it back on. Good luck with the challenge and your new ball. I find it great for toning.

8:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Losing 16 kilos is huge!!!

Keep it up and you should be so proud of yourself

Congratulations on your .400kg this week.

Thank you for posting on my blog..
Patricia

6:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home