Monday, June 12, 2006

I've updated my goals for the 12wk LITS challenge and changed them in the sidebar. I am very pleased to say that I finally got out for a walk today. We took the kids to the bike/walking track and had a 45min walk. The kids had a great time riding their bikes so I think we will make it a weekly activity and I will either walk or ride. I had to do my assessment for the FOH challenge which involved Weight, Waist, Hip, Resting HR, Working HR and my Recovery HR. The figures were:

Weight: 88.8
Waist : 95cm
Hips : 121cm
RHR : 67bpm
WHR: 86bpm
RHR : 72bpm

Mixed feelings about those figures. My weight is up 0.6 from Thursdays weigh in, although I realise that weights can fluctuate throughout the week. It is also TTOM. My waist and hip measurements are also down a couple of cm's from last time I measured (end of last challenge/10wk gym reassessment).

the other dubious figure is the WHR and Recovery HR. As the gym was closed today I couldn't do the assessment on the treadmill as I would have preferred. So instead I did a 5min warmup and then brisk 10 min walk. The trainer said that my whr was great as it means heart is in good shape however for the assessment purpose I should redo on the treadmill tomorrow. I do know that my WHR is much higher on the treadmill. So tomorrow I will go to gym and retest it.

From now on I'm going to be weighing twice a wk - Mondays for FOH challenge and Thursdays for LITS challenge. A bit of a pain so hopefully I won't get confused.

We've had a fairly quiet weekend. The weather has been fairly dreary (freezing cold) and we have mainly stayed home and vegged.

On Saturday morning I woke with very sore knees after crawling around for an hr or so with my nephew on Friday lol. That'll teach me although it was such fun listening to him chuckle.

The entry forms are now available for the City To Surf so I have to remember to print it out and get it sent in ASAP. Hmm I am really starting to wonder what I have got myself in for with Heartbreak Hill. I wonder how bad it really is?

Well I'd better go and spend some time with the family. I will update my HR stats after the gym tomorrow.

Renae

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home