Friday, June 23, 2006

Happy 13th Birthday Brooke and Welcome Rochelle Erin


What a day!! Well today was our daughter's 13th birthday. Talk about making me feel old lol. Can't believe I have a teenage daughter. We didn't do too much in the way of birthday celebrations today as we have a birthday dinner planned for tomorrow night. Brooke is also going to the movies with a couple of friends before the dinner.

The day started with watching the soccer and then Cameron went off to work and the kids went to school. I got a bit down as we found out that none of Cameron's family are coming to the dinner (originally they all were). I think Brooke was a bit upset that they aren't coming so I was a bit peed off. So what started off as being all the family celebrating her special birthday it is now just us, my mum and 2 of her friends. I also have ordered a cake that is for over 20 people and it can't be frozen! Not happy Jan. Anyway that's enough of that.

Brooke had a great day at school, with her friends taking in cake and balloons to celebrate with her. Oh they also got her a crown which she proudly wore around all day (and night). She got money off us for her birthday and we went clothes shopping and quickly spent that! She got a beautiful gold charm bracelet with pendant watch off my mum and a denim jacket off my brother and sil.

The other exciting news.......... I have a new niece, Rochelle Erin. She was born at 1.52pm on the 22nd June and weighs 7lb 6oz and is from memory 56cm long. She doesn't feel that heavy though and is petite. My brother finally rang this afternoon around 3.30pm to tell us and said that we could go up tonight to visit if we wanted. Seeing as how I just love babies we went up tonight for a quick visit and we all got to have a cuddle. My sil thinks that Rochelle looks like my mum.

Seeing the new bub has made me even more cluckier (if that is possible) and poor Cameron is going to be gently persuaded (nagged) even more now.

Seeing as how this entry has been about Brooke and Rochelle I have included a photo of the birthday girl with the new bubby (oh and my hand as I was paranoid that Rochelle was going to fall through Brooke's arm).

Be back tomorrow.
Renae

1 Comments:

Blogger Jadey said...

Happy Birthday Brooke.

I think it is horrible of Camerons Family to not turn up like that. Sounds like my extended family when it came to my birthdays, and yeah it does hurt. But it is also an inconvenience when they stuff up plans like your cake etc

8:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home